For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time. These activities are designed to give you the most authentic experiences around where you’re staying. We work with local guides, who use their knowledge and often a resident’s eye to show you the main sights and more out-of-the-way attractions.
Our experts can recommend tours and activities that will expose you to local culture and ways of living. You can also take a private tour to Sachsenhausen concentration camp (just outside Berlin) and the Jewish cemetery at Weissensee.
This was not something that was discussed in my circle, and I was surprised. She takes interest in what she does and gave us all suggestions for places to go after the tourl She genuinely wanted us to become informed and to enjoy out entire stay in Berlin. Explore the history of Berlin’s Jewish community from the Enlightenment through the horrors and horrors of Holocaust.
Private clients booking private experiences can request that the museum exterior be included in their itinerary. Enjoy a 4-hour private tour of Berlin’s Jewish Quarter which includes the Missing House. It was a history lesson that wasn’t always very interesting, unless you were Jewish. It was also very cold and we sat around thinking about how to keep warm. It was fascinating to visit the factory of Otto Berlin Schindler, the brush maker. This brought home the suffering of the Berlin Jews during WW2. We wanted the tour to be more engaging and to take us to other points of interests.
We’ll also discuss the effects of the Wannsee Conference of 1942 and the courageous women of the Rosenstrasse protest in 1943. Leave us your email and we’ll send you a summary of An email will be sent to you with a summary about your bookings.
Whether as single travelers, couples, families or larger groups – each tour is personally designed to suit your interests and timetable. The world your way covers all seven continents. It includes trip ideas from our experts, as well as hand-picked stays or experiences. It also introduces our approach towards creating meaningful travel experiences. You’ll then head to Bebelplatz, the site of a Nazi book burning in 1933.
- In the West Berlin borough of Wannsee he runs with his wife two fine cafes and a gourmet delicatessen, and he is well-versed in fine cuisine.
- Heribert has an anecdote to almost every historical detail. She is the perfect companion for any and all learning adventures in the city.
- We learned a lot about the Jewish life in Berlin before and after WWII.
- You should be able to see its green singular spire with ease.
- Simply install it and then download your tour.
- If you’d like to provide groups of guests with access to a VoiceMap tour, you can buy a specific number of copies for a particular event or obtain a license for more regular use.